Autism Friendly Screenings are brought to you by learning disability and autism support provider Dimensions and Cineworld Cinemas in a joint campaign to improve peoples access to the cinema. Lisa Hopkins from Dimensions says:
We are really pleased to be partnering with Cineworld to extend this important and successful project even further. People who can sometimes be excluded from the traditional cinema experience, because they may find the sensory experience too difficult to manage, will be able to watch a wider variety of films, more frequently, in an environment conducive with their needs. These opportunities are important stepping stones towards full inclusion in mainstream cinemas.”
Autism Friendly screenings at Cineworld differ from regular screenings.
What makes a film Autism Friendly?
- Lights are left on low and the volume is turned down
- There are no trailers before the film
- People with autism and people with sensory differences can attend the cinema with their friends, siblings and other family members in an inclusive environment
- Support workers/carers can attend for free with a CEA card
- Autism Friendly Screenings will take place at 11am on the first Sunday of every month.
Our first screening will be Finding Nemo 2D on Sunday 5th May, 11.00am
Further information is available at: